Terms and conditions of hire
“The Hirer” is the person(s) hiring the equipment from the company.
“Period of Hire” means the period from the delivery date until the equipment has been dismantled and removed from site.
“Quotation” means the quotation sent to the hirer by the company.
“A Booking” is the contract entered into by the hirer and the company.
The following terms and conditions apply to all contracts entered into by Abbey Catering Marquee Hire unless otherwise stated in writing in the quotation supplied by the company.
All quotations are made subject to the following understandings:
1. The size and surface of the site are suitable for erection of the equipment.
2. Hire charges for furniture do not include assembly, dismantling or placing.
3. The hirer has informed the company of any underground services (drains, pipes, cables, etc) that could be damaged by marquee fixings.
4. The period of hire means the period for which the equipment is required to be ready for use by the hirer.
A booking is not confirmed until the hirer has accepted our quotation and paid a deposit of 10% of the total price. Quotations are valid for 14 days from that date shown on them provided the equipment is still available.
The remaining balance is due 14 days prior to the delivery date, if payment is not made by this time you shall be liable for interest on any outstanding amount at a rate of 2% per week.
Payment is accepted by Cash, Cheque, or by BACS only.
In the event that the hirer wishes to terminate the contract then the following rates will be charged to the hirer by the company.
Period of notice: Percentage of the hire charge:
More than 31 days 10% of the hire charge
14 to 30 days 50% of the hire charge
Less than 14 days 100% of the hire charge
1. The hire charges are based on the assumption that the site is a flat level ground with no obstacles, and that there are no underground services (drains, pipes, cables, etc) on the site.
2. The hire charges do not include any costs incurred by the hirer to put right any damage caused to the site by the company.
3. The hirer is required to provide a plan showing the company where the equipment is to be assembled, or have a representative on site for this purpose. In the absence of both of these then the company will assemble the equipment where they think fit thus completing the contact.
4. The hirer should never presume that any part of the marquee will be attached or joined to any buildings within the site. Likewise the hirer should not presume that any equipment other than what is stated on the invoice/quotation is included in the hire charge.
5. The hirer must insure any obstacles on the site are removed before the company arrives. This includes plants, shrubs, trees, vehicles and any other obstructions that will result in a delay to the equipment being assembled.
6. Access to the site must be available on the time and date as shown on the invoice, any delay in the company being able to access the site will incur an additional charge.
7. If the hirer has ordered flooring from the company then the site on which it is to be laid should be cut and as flat as possible, the company cannot be held responsible for any uneven floor surface.
8. If the hirer requires us to move any marquees once erected for any reason which is not the company’s fault, the hirer will be liable for any additional costs incurred.
The company will use its best endeavors to supply the hirer with the equipment ordered but where this is not possible the company will contact the hirer as soon as possible with any alterations to the equipment to be supplied. Where alteration to the equipment is fundamental the hirer may terminate the contract and any monies paid to the company will be immediately refunded.
Care of equipment:
1. The hirer is responsible for maintenance and safe custody of the company’s equipment from completion of erection until the equipment has been dismantled and removed by the company.
2. The hirer will be responsible for any costs incurred by the company to replace or repair any equipment that is lost or damaged during the hire period unless it is the fault of the company.
3. The hirer must be satisfied with the equipment before use and should notify the company of any incorrect or unacceptable equipment BEFORE use.
4. Due to the risk of damage to a marquee in windy conditions the hirer must insure that all openings are closed when not in use.
5. Under no circumstances must the hirer or any persons representing the hirer tamper with the structure or any other part of the equipment, nor must they affix or suspend any item/s from the structure without consent from the company.
6. No lighting, heating, cooking or any other gas or electrical appliances are to be used in the marquee without consent form the company.
The company’s insurance will cover against the following eventualities only; theft, vandalism, fire, explosions, storms and tempest.
In the case of extreme weather being forecast for the hire period the company has the right to terminate the contract (normally if gusts of more than 40-50mph are forecast). This is for the safety of all concerned. In this instance the 10% deposit will not be refundable, any other payments already made will however be fully refunded within 14 days, therefore the hirer must be aware of this possibility especially in the winter months.
Erecting and dismantling:
The company will provide labor for the erection and dismantling of the marquee structure. Under no circumstances will the hirer or any of their representatives be allowed to assemble or disassemble any of the company’s marquee equipment.
During the erection and dismantling of the marquee the hirer may not enter the structure. The company cannot be held responsible for any injury or damage sustained by the public in or around the structure during the hire period.
If the company or any sub-contractor of the company is supplying any furniture or other hire equipment it will be placed within the marquee. It’s the hirer responsibility to arrange the furniture within the marquee, the company nor will none of its employees arrange furniture for the hirer. The hirer is responsible for ensuring the furniture is folded and stacked ready for collection following the event.
While every effort will be made by the company to carry out any order accepted, the full performance of it is subject to variation or cancellation by the company consequent upon acts of god, war, strikes, riots, lock-outs, or any other disturbances. Fire, flood, storm, gale or tempest restrictions on the use of transport, fuel, or power. Requisitioning storage of material or transport or labor or any other cause beyond the control of the company.
By signing the terms & conditions you are confirming that everything on the invoice is correct including – set up and take down date, the event date, the correct marquees and equipment, the price, the deposit and any information regarding invoice/delivery address.
Abbey Catering Marquee Hire, 2015